#HuntBiggerGame

The ultimate hunter in the Multiverse has turned his sights on you, planeswalker. Will you be another of his victims? Or will you prove victorious? Corrupted, Garruk now uses a combination of green and black magic. Garruk seeks to hunt other planeswalkers and destroy all who get in his way.

Wizards of the CoastTM went all out with their new Magic: The GatheringTM core set Prerelease using Garruk as the face of Magic 2015. His imposing visage is all over the place, looking about as intimidating as any Planeswalker ever has. Dude means business.

It did get me hyped up a bit so much so that I grew a mediocre looking beard of my own in anticipation of prerelease day. I also did say something earlier which I hoped to achieve.

I took every opportunity I can get to have a pic beside the eight-foot-tall Garruk standee.


It's prerelease day and guess what?! The packs I got was less than stellar especially with some of the rares in it. Opening a booster with a Stormtide Leviathan isn't cause for joy much less another stupid-asked Stormtide Leviathan! I mean, seriously?! It left me feeling less enthused at first. But I decided it was best to have fun with them, instead. And of course, hopefully, win in style.


Creatures [17]
1 Chasm Skulker
2 Coral Barrier
1 Elvish Mystic
1 Invasive Species
1 Jalira, Master Polymorphist
1 Netcaster Spider {Reach}
1 Phytotitan
1 Quickling {Flash}
1 Runeclaw Bear
2 Shaman of Spring
1 Soul of Zendikar {Reach}
1 Stormtide Leviathan {Islandwalk}
1 Welkin Tern
2 Will-Forged Golem {Convoke}
Enchantments [1]
1 Encrust

Instants [6]
2 Chronostutter
1 Gather Courage {Convoke}
1 Hydrosurge
1 Jace's Ingenuity
1 Negate

Lands [17]
9 Forests
8 Islands
And win I did going 3-1 even with a certain Andrew Cantillana in the ranks. Not too shabby, I can say. As for what I said, I guess, I kinda almost got both.



Wizards of the Coast, Magic: The Gathering, and their logos are trademarks of Wizards of the Coast LLC in the United States and other countries. © 2014 Wizards. All Rights Reserved. This blog is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Wizards of the Coast LLC. This site may use the trademarks and other intellectual property of Wizards of the Coast LLC, which is permitted under Wizards' Fan Site Policy. For more information about Wizards of the Coast or any of Wizards' trademarks or other intellectual property, please visit their website at www.wizards.com.

Photo Credits: Madcap Gaming

Popular posts from this blog

The Fast, The Furious, and The Duel Commander Super Series

Southern Bivouac 12-13-14